Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Academic work

Academic Coach talks about the importance of finishing when doing academic work (or maybe any work, for that matter). I didn’t agree with her last advice, but this makes good sense. Having a large number of unfinished tasks can be a downer. I would add that it is also important to start. I find this particularly true of articles that have already been rejected at one journal and need work for submission elsewhere. One of the hardest things is wading through all the comments (which, because it was rejected, are not likely to be fun reading) and making the necessary changes.

I’ve got one such article on my desk, and it’s been waiting patiently for my attention for a while.

0 comments:

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP