Thursday, June 04, 2009

Reading more tea leaves on immigration

When the economic crisis hit last year, many people (myself included) figured that meant immigration reform would be even more difficult than before. As the recession goes on, however, a new poll (via the Mexico Institute) suggests the downturn now has led people to support reform because it will increase the tax base.

It may be true, but I am a bit dubious and would really like to see the wording of the poll. It is intended to become part of the White House meetings on immigration that will occur on Monday, and so has a clear political goal.

1 comments:

Defensores de Democracia 12:26 PM  

Thanks For the Materials and Informations Mr Weeks

Somewhat afraid of Too Many Great Victories for Latinos or Minorities

I love the panelists and discussions of some Foundations and I post the Videos that they produce on these topics of Minorities, Racial Relations, etc ..

For example panelists and seminars with Millennial Makeover Co-authors Morley Winograd and Mike Hais - presented by Simon Rosenberg of NDN presents wonderful lectures or discussions of several intellectuals.

I use these videos in my MILENIALS.COM because I follow the path of Youngsters and Youth. To see how they voted and are going to vote. And Minorities have a lot of Youngsters.

I feel Great Sympathy for candidates like Judy Chu, for next special election in California on July.

I hope to see many videos of other Great Panelists ( in other Foundations ) like Henry Cisneros, Gregory Rodriguez, Professor Hua Hsu ( from the Athlantic Monthly and Vassar College ), John B. Judis, Ruy Teixeira .... I try to collect their videos and articles and present them in my websites.

But I am afraid of many Great Victories for Minorities like Sonia Sotomayor, Comprehensive Immigration Reform, etc .... The Dracula of Hate lies inside his coffin and can get out because of the agitation of Hate and Fear of the EVIL MEDIA.

Things are better for the USA if changes are smooth and without violence. I wish that there is a New Era of Understanding and not of Hate. Same for the Western Hemisphere.

Thanks for your Information on the Western Hemisphere but I find it very difficult for me to give opinions on Latin America.

Milenials.com

Vicente Duque

  © Blogger templates The Professional Template by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP